12.29.2008

ChristmasTime!

Spencer and I had a great Christmas! Spencer was lucky enough to get off work early Christmas Eve, so we were able to go to his parents' for their Christmas dinner. Then we woke up early Christmas morning and I made monkey bread for us, and we had our own little Christmas. Spencer got an Xbox with some games and tickets to go see BodyWorlds 3. I got the computer game Spore and some really nice bath towels that actually fit all the way around me! Haha. Then we went over to his parents' again. Spencer got some more games and some movies. I got a nice sweater and a bag Spencer's brother made that has Domo on it. Domo is the mascot for Japanese public tv. He looks like a walking shag carpet and he's adorable. Then we went over to my dad's house so I could cook dinner. Dad got us this really beautiful wall hanging. It's a metal disk with a cutout of the Tree of Life. It's about 2 feet across and simply gorgeous. I made my famous ham and potato soup and served it in bread bowls with eggnog cheesecake to finish it off. Dad can't eat a lot because of his hernia so I had to keep the meal small which is why we had soup. Spencer and I were able to get home safely before it started snowing, and spent all weekend playing with our new games! We also took time out of our Christmas weekend to watch the first three original Star Wars movies (which are actually 4, 5 and 6 I understand) and they were so funny! I hadn't seen them in years and Yoda is absolutely the funniest character I've ever seen in a movie. Plus my friend Savannah had her baby and all us girls are so excited for her! It was a great weekend and now we're back at work!

My eggnog cheesecake. Yummm!!!!


My puppy after she just got a treat.


This is the wall hanging my dad bought us.


Spencer looking at one of his presents.


The sock puppet Spencer's mom made for us....for some reason.


Spence and I at Christmas Eve dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sock puppet?

daria

Savannah said...

Wow! I feel special to be mentioned in one of your blogs! I have to say, I absolutely love that random sock puppet! It makes my day! :)