7.27.2009

Gecko Greeter


So at the entrance to our apartment complex, there's a guy dressed in a gecko costume (just like this one) who holds a sign advertising move-in deals. He stands there all day waving at cars that pass by. Given that it's July in Utah it can get pretty hot standing out on the concrete all day! Whenever Spence and I drive or walk by him he always waves and he seems pretty nice. So today on my way home I stopped at the coffee shop on the corner and bought him a sprite. I took it out to him and he laughed. He seemed really relieved to have something to drink! So if you're ever driving along 47th and you see the waving gecko man, wave back. He suffers for his paycheck!

3 comments:

Savannah said...

You're so thoughtful Caitie! Way to befriend the Gecko! :)

Becca said...

Poor dude! That's a terrible way to die, baked to death in a gecko costume. And not even for car insurance.

Julie And Adam said...

He always says hi to me when I go to Brew Monkey to get my lunch! I never thought about being nice and getting a drink for him!