8.04.2011

Ultrasound and Updates

On Tuesday, August 2nd, I had my first official ultrasound. The baby is still small enough to only be seen as a vague lump on the screen, but it's growing! I got to see it's little blinking heartbeat, going strong at 180 bpm. My due date has been moved up to March 2nd. Spencer's starting to get really excited about having a baby, and we're having a lot of fun coming up with names.



On the other side of things, it's been difficult reestablishing a sense of normalcy since my injury. I have trouble doing basic things involving taking care of myself. I still don't trust myself to drive, and I can't stay on my feet for more than a few minutes. Grocery shopping is really difficult, even with help. My mom has been completely invaluable the last 6 weeks. I don't think I would have been able to manage it if she weren't here. We've been having to live on just Spencer's income, which has been tricky, but we're managing. Today I actually had some energy and ambition, so I decided to do just a little bit of baking. I decided to make some dog treats, since they only had like 5 ingredients and very little prep work. Of course, Spencer wandered through the kitchen and got very interested.

Spencer: oooh, whatcha making?

Me: peanut butter biscuits

Spencer: mmmmmm. sounds tasty.

Me: They're for the dogs, sweetie.

He seemed a little disappointed, but maybe soon I'll be able to make some cookies for him too.

No comments: