9.08.2012

You Learn Something New Every Day

Well we've had a major breakthrough in the Miller household: Evie has teeth! She got her two bottom front teeth almost at the same time, about two days apart. Teething was a horrible experience but she was a little champ and after a couple days of feeling awful she was back to her cheerful self. It's so cute to watch her chew on everything she can get her grubby little mitts on.

School is going really well. I know I'm only four weeks in, but I'm really enjoying it. I feel like this was the right time for me. History is actually going very well, and that's where I anticipated having the most problems. Names and dates tend to bounce off me, but I've gotten As on my first two quizzes in that class and I'm understanding the concepts well enough, so I'm quite happy. Chemistry is doing it's best to kick my butt, especially since they're trying to teach us physics concepts and I'm a biology major...

A photon of ultraviolet (UV) light possess enough energy to mutate a strand of human DNA. What is is the energy of a single UV photon and 1 mole of UV photons having a wavelength of 25 nm?

...damn overlapping sciences. I guess I DO have to know this stuff.

No comments: