6.14.2012

Bat's Birthday

Today is my dad's birthday. Now let me explain where "Bat" comes from. My dad decided when Evie was born that he didn't want to be called "Grandpa." So I asked him what he wanted to be called, and he wanted to be Evie's first word, so he wanted to be called "Bat." It stuck. So my father is now referred to as Bat. And today was Bat's birthday. He and I went out to lunch at the Fiddler's Elbow, and it was nice to spend time with him.



He said that the only thing he wanted for his birthday was a chocolate cake, so I decided I would make him a chocolate cake to shame all other chocolate cakes. It was three layers, with chocolate ganache filling, covered in chocolate chips, with chocolate mousse on top.




I even impressed myself with this cake! I'm really proud of myself for the work I put into it (it took ALL day) and I really enjoyed spending the time with my dad!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

My gosh, that cake looks INCREDIBLE! Seriously, though. I pretty much want a piece right now. Happy birthday to your dad!