6.17.2012

Father's Day Weekend

What a busy weekend we had! Saturday we went to the chalk art festival at Gateway, and it was officially Evie's first art festival. And yes, I'm going to be dumb and count Evie's first everything. It was amazing to see so many young artists come together to create such great work. The first thing I had to do was go to the food court because for some reason even though I'd eaten breakfast, I was starving. Well I got there and saw a little mechanical horse and thought ok, Evie can hold her head up, time for her first horse ride!

After I got something to eat we went down and started looking at art and there were some really amazing pieces there. The sad part is that the art is so temporary, which really makes you appreciate it.

Sunday morning Spencer woke to coffee and bed in breakfast (of course) and then we had planned to meet my dad for a hike. So Spence, Evie and I met my dad at Red Butte Gardens, planning to go up one of the trails that leads off the gardens. Well, we literally get 100 yards up the trail, which is one of the least inclined in the area, and my whole body is on fire. I had WAY overestimated what I was capable of doing. Between the arthritis and the fibro, I just couldn't take it. I was in so much pain I just started crying. I apologized to both Spencer and my dad and told them we'd have to limit our walk to the gardens. It ended up working out; it turns out Spencer didn't feel like hiking either, my dad was on call and the gardens were beautiful, but I felt bad anyway. When we got home we had a nice relaxing afternoon, then went to Spencer's parents' house for dinner. I personally think we need to stop doing that because we've been married for almost four years and it's time we started having holiday dinners at our own house. But it was nice to see Spencer's family. I got to spend some time with his brothers and Evie got to see her grandpa Kevin on his first father's day as her Grandfather. All-in-all it was a lovely weekend and a lovely celebration of the wonderful men in my life.

No comments: