7.05.2012

July Fourth and Other Stuff

As the fourth of July grew closer, I insisted to Spencer that we have our own celebration at our house (and not go to his parents'). He didn't have any problem with that, so I got to plan a whole day with just my family! A bit of a wrench was thrown in things Saturday night cause Bowser disappeared, but long story short, praise God we got him back on Tuesday. We were feeling much more up to celebrating since he came home! The morning of the fourth was nice and quiet and a pretty normal morning. Around 1 in the afternoon we had a BBQ with steaks and hot dogs. I had marinaded the steaks overnight and they grilled up beautifully.

I went all out for today. We had potato salad, grilled corn, grilled pineapple, baked beans, and veggies with ranch to go with the steaks and hot dogs. After we ate we played a game of Dominion, which was a lot of fun. Then we had dessert: pound cake with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream (red, white and blue!).

Evie was quite festive today. She wore one of my favorite outfits for her. It happens to be red, white and blue but it has a crab on the butt. I absolutely love it.

Of course being a baby she decided to spit up on that outfit so we had to change her into another one, which was a little more appropriate I guess cause it had a flag on it. She looked so precious.

After Evie had her dinner and went to bed, Spence and I went out on the deck to enjoy the evening and make smores. They're so rich we can't eat more than a couple at a time, but that's ok cause they're delicious.

When it got dark Spence and I cuddled up to watch the Sugarhouse fireworks, which we can see pretty clearly from our back deck. It was a nice, long, slow day and I loved it.

No comments: