5.14.2013

Mother's Day

Our Mother's Day celebration was really more of a Mother's Weekend. Lots of mom's in our family! On Saturday, I took my mom out to lunch at Buca di Beppo. We had a reservation at the chef's table. Mom had saltimboca and I had the prosciutto-stuffed chicken. And we both had a lot of tiramisu! That afternoon Spence took me on a little mini shopping spree to Sephora so I could get some new make up. So much fun! On Sunday Spencer, Evelyn and I went out to breakfast with my dad and his girlfriend Sue. The restaurant was busy but it was a lovely breakfast. Then we came home and a nice quiet afternoon. That evening we went over to Spencer's parents house for a buffet-style dinner and lots of desserts! Kevin (Spencer's dad) is completely wrapped around Evie's finger and loves playing wither her. They had so much fun together.


Monday was my big day though. We couldn't get dinner reservations anywhere on sunday so we agreed to go out on monday instead. We got all dressed up and Spence took me out to dinner and I didn't know where we were going until we got there: Flemings Steakhouse! I LOVE Flemings! It was incredible. They gave us parmesan garlic bread with a chardonnay-infused feta cheese spread. Then to start Spencer had fried pork belly with cherry compote and goat cheese grits (I tried it, it was delish!) and I had a roast beet salad with whipped chèvre and arugula with a pistachio vinaigrette. Then came the main course. I was so excited I don't even remember what Spencer ordered! I got a mango mojito (Since Spencer was driving) and a tea and orange infused filet mignon. YUM! oh it was just superb! and for dessert we shared a chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream. Simple, but stunning. After dinner we went on a drive and ended up at Sugarhouse park. We parked on top of the hill just in time to watch the sun go down. It was an incredible sunset. Just for us. I felt so loved and so appreciated. It was wonderful.

No comments: