4.16.2009

Balloons

So the weirdest thing happened today. I was on my home from work today and I got pummeled out of nowhere by a bunch of wayward balloons! They were tied to the sign at my apartment complex to attract people's attention. Well I was walking by and all of a sudden the wind shifted! These balloons (4 or 5 BIG balloons!)started banging against me! I was surrounded by balloons! and then something equally weird happened: I started laughing like a little kid. I had more fun in 3 seconds of balloon-bashing then I've had in a long time. It was just so pure; I literally felt like I was 5 years old. It's amazing how the older you get the less fascinating things are; the less magical they become. We get so bogged down in bills and schedules and responsibilites and life, and we start to feel that enjoying simple things makes us simple. Or it doesn't even occur to us that simple things are worth enjoying. But we can't let those little moments pass us by. They're so important. I fully experienced one of those little moments today. And I hope I have the wisdom to recognize the next one when it comes along.

No comments: