8.15.2009

Happy Birthday to ME


On Thursday, August 13th, I gracefully transitioned from the immature, party-hardy age of 21 to the responsible, somewhat-respectable age of 22. I think I'm going to like 22 a lot better honestly! Maybe people will take me a little more seriously now...

On wednesday night, Spencer and I got together with my dad and he took us out for a nice dinner. Afterwards we went back to my dad's house and he surprised me with a cake and Season 4 of House! I suppose it's not TOO surprising, considering it was my birthday and he's my dad, but honestly I was just expecting dinner! It was such a pretty cake; Dad didn't have any regular candles, just these ones shaped like tropical fish we've used like 4 years in a row now. We could only fit three on top of the cake, so we stuck the fourth one to the side. nothing like a fish, set on fire, stuck to a cake to make the day complete!





Thursday night Spencer was able to get off work a little early, and we went out to dinner with some of my friends at Buca di Beppo. I LOVE that restaurant! We had a great time hanging out; I got a peach bellini (yum!) and a limoncello martini! Probably the most entertaining part of the night was when someone accidentally started a domino effect with like 4 glasses on the table, culminating in my martini ending up in my lap! I could NOT stop laughing! The server laughed and said that since I took it so well she'd get me another drink for free! And of course Spencer and I HAD to get a tiramisu to take home with us!



Spencer and I waited til Friday to have our own celebration; we'd stuffed ourselves so much with cake and desserts on wed and thurs that we couldn't stand another cake on thursday night! So friday afternoon Spencer gave me the cake he got for me: it was PERFECT! It was a little 7.5 inch cake that looked kinda like a lopsided cube and it was just so awesome for two people! I absolutely loved it! Spencer got me a potato ricer (I promised to make homemade gnocchi), a magnetic cow for the fridge, a tiny stuffed cow that's supposed to be a screen wipe but I can't bear the thought of getting it dirty, and a really nice hookup to play my ipod in my car. For some reason my tape deck doesn't work so he found me one that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It was such an awesome birthday!

1 comment:

Savannah said...

Yummy! I am literally salivating as I look at these cakes! Sounds like you had a great Birthday! :)