4.08.2012

Happy Easter!

Easter is such a special time. It's a time to come together and remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us so that we might be cleansed of our sins, and His resurrection to symbolize ours. It's also a time to be appreciative of the blessings in our lives (as really all times should be), which can sometimes be easy and sometimes be really hard.

Because we decided not to go to Spencer's parents' for dinner this year, we met them yesterday for lunch. It actually went really well and we all behaved and no one fought! haha.
we dressed Evie up all cute, but she's mad cause she HATES headbands!
What do you know, and actually good picture of me!
Grandpa Kevin seeming like he has no idea what to do with a baby.

When I woke up this morning, I was having a really hard time. I was so deep in my depression I felt like I was bursting at the seams, and I wasn't sure if I was going to implode and destroy myself or explode and destroy everything around me. It was a frantic depression, and it was seriously not pretty. After several hours I was able to calm down enough to actually function, and got my head on straight. I dressed Evie in what I thought was a perfect outfit: raining for April Showers, and a Bunny for Easter:Gah! Another headband!

Dinner was fairly simple tonight. It was just Spencer and I so I didn't really do anything too fancy, except for dessert. Evie was being fussy we we held her at the table. I pre-cut all my food into bite-sized pieces so I could eat while I held her. But it was ok because 1) I've gotten used to doing things with one hand and 2) I got some awesome smiles out of it

After Spence ate he was nice enough to hold her so I could finish. :)

Dessert was exciting. At least for me, but I'm a dessert girl. I made a cake. But not just any cake. A pastel checkerboard cake. I tried to make it with pink, green, and purple, since it's Easter. A couple things. One, apparently when you mix red and blue food coloring in cake batter, you don't get purple, you get grey. The other thing is: for the record, I did NOT use one of those special pans to make make this. I did it all myself. Which is probably why I had to start yesterday. It least a little bit and it's not perfect, but I find it charming. And as far as the colors go, it's a nice green, pink is a soft red, and grey is a soft black. So technically they're all pastels. :D
Before:

After!


I made a mess, but it was fun.
Hope you enjoyed your Easter too!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

That cake looks awesome! I also found out the hard way that you can't make purple with cake :( I'm sorry you're having a hard time lately. I know that feeling of "imploding" quite well. Hang in there and give Evie lots and lots of cuddles and loves because she is adorable. Love you guys.

Marcus and Cami said...

Caitie that cake is seriously cool and impressive!! And you two are such cute parents to your little Evie! :D