5.14.2012

My First Mother's Day

As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem. You shall see, and your heart shall rejoice; your bodies shall flourish like the grass." Isaiah 66:13-14 Sunday was an absolutely lovely day. One, it was beautiful outside. God gave us a glorious day. Two, I was able to spend it with my family and I truly felt loved and appreciated. But I realized something wonderful: I felt no more loved and appreciated than I do any other day, and that felt great. Because my family lets me know every day that I am loved and that everything I do is noticed and they are thankful for it. It made me feel wonderful. Spencer made a picnic and he, Evie and I went to Sugarhouse park. We spent a couple hours alone in the shade on a blanket, just spending time together. Evie played with us for awhile and then fell asleep. Such a little angel.
After the picnic we picked up my mom and went to Spencer's parents' house for dessert. It was a nice visit. His mom, Lana, gave me a book called A Mother's Daily Prayer Book. Something I really appreciate is that she went out of her way to get a book for me that was not an LDS publication, since I'm not Mormon and don't read LDS books. Usually she doesn't do that, so I really appreciated the thought she put into that. It's a book of daily guided prayers about being a mother, some asking for guidance, others offering praise. I started reading it this morning and I like it so far. On the way home, Evie got a little sick, so we gave her a nice warm bath when we got home. Afterward we decided to wrap her up in a little bathrobe we have, and she just loved it! She was all warm and dry and fuzzy!
She had such a busy day that she was so exhausted, we put her in her crib and she didn't cry, and slept all the way through the night! She's such an amazing blessing and a wonderfully-behaved baby. It's decided, I can't have any more children, I've been completely spoiled by this one! Thank you God for making me the mother of the most beautiful, wonderful child I have ever known.

No comments: