5.27.2012

Sleeping Soundly

Evelyn is such a good baby. She sleeps through the night most nights now. And about half of the time we make her sleep in her crib, though we're making it more frequent all the time. Even when she wakes up in the middle of the night to eat, she's so good about going back to sleep in the crib after. But no matter what, she's always up at 5:30. It's the funniest thing. Doesn't matter when she's eaten last, 5:30 is when she wants to get up and start her day. Which means that's when I get to get up and start my day. Which is fine with me I guess. I get up and take my meds and eat breakfast and have my coffee. Get started on the housework by 7. Finished with everything by noon. Have the whole afternoon to do whatever I please. It's nice. It makes being a housewife feel like a part-time job instead of a full-time job. Since I got home from the hospital I've been working really hard to get my life back on track. Trying to keep myself sane, and trying to find a balance between responsibility and allowance. I know there are things that need to be done, but I know there are also certain things that I need to give myself. I'm working on replacing negative thoughts with positive ones to help alleviate some of this depression. Some of it from my pregnancy obsession, some of it from the fiasco at work. But hopefully soon my head will be screwed back on straight.

No comments: