5.04.2012

My Hero

So, true to form in being from a horribly advanced family, Evie has started teething at 3 months. This freaks me out, as I'm still in the "newborn/tiny" stage and am not ready to move on to the "infant/normal baby" stage. She's 10 pounds now; the size of a normal 1-2 month-old. Still pretty small. Anyway, I wasn't sure what to do about the sudden onset of obvious discomfort and irritability. Frozen pacifiers worked for about 5 minutes. Infant Tylenol worked for about an hour, but took about as long to kick in. Plus the bottle was empty in about a week, and getting her to take it was a chore. The flavored baby Oragel seemed to work for a couple hours, and she seems to like it. When we put it on she paws at her mouth and laughs. But I can't always get it on her gums. About half the time she just swallows it or gets it on her tongue and it doesn't end up helping. Well I was in Babies R Us the other day buying more Tylenol and I saw that Oragel makes a homeopathic remedy: quick-disolving teething tablets. I'm a reasonable believer in homeopathic remedies (I understand that because of differences in body chemistry, they don't work for everyone) so I decided to give it a try.


OH MY GOSH THESE ARE THE BEST INVENTION EVER!!!! One in each cheek, she laughs, they dissolve. Ten minutes later she stops fussing. She's sleeping again. I'M sleeping again. They seem to work for about 4 hours. It's 5 dollars a bottle and at 4 hours between doses it's roughly a months supply. And because of the type of remedy and the amount of the dose, there really is no limit on the number of doses I can give at that specific rate. And yes, I checked. Oh my gosh I am so happy I found these! Next time I go to the store I'm stocking up!

No comments: