11.03.2008

A Fall Weekend

So I made an appointment to see a hand surgeon. My doctor says I have carpel tunnel and the pain is just excruciating. I wear my splints all the time (some days it's the only way to get through the day) and it's getting to the point where the pain is so bad I can barely hold my pen. This is a problem when my job consists of writing and typing! The surgery would only put me out of commission for a few days and then the pain would be gone permanently. I just hope it doesn't end up costing us too much money!

So Spencer and I went to his grandmother Eva's funeral saturday morning. Something was just not right there! Spencer's mother Lana and her sisters were all running around with their cameras taking pictures of the body in the casket! It was so wrong. I'm like, what are you going to do with those pictures, scrapbook them? And then one of Lana's sisters was complaining because she didn't bring her video recorder. She said she wanted to record the funeral ceremony. I'm sorry but that is just wrong. It's not like you're going to sit your family down and watch it after dinner on holidays or something! Spence and I were horrified. He wasn't too surprised but let me tell you, it was so uncomfortable. The ceremony lasted three hours. I was about ready to pass out by the time we finally got to leave.

One good thing on saturday was that Spencer and I got to have his brothers Jeremy and Shaun over to our apartment for dinner. I made ham and potato soup and served it in bread bowls, and then I made a peach cobbler for dessert. It was really good and the boys loved it! Even Shaun, who rarely says anything to me, told me it was delicious! So that made me feel really good.

Sunday was such a soggy day. It was great. It rained all day and all the leaves formed a paste all over the sidewalk. Spence and I spent the whole day lying on our bed playing video games and eating junk food. It was the perfect fall day! We didn't eat any real food until we went to his parent's for dinner. It was great!

1 comment:

Julie And Adam said...

You know, I think I want you to come and make my dinner every night. You make the yummiest sounding things!!!