2.12.2009

Bleh.

On Wednesday Spencer and I had to go into work an hour early for a staff meeting. We stopped on the way to get coffee and croissants from the Brew Monkey so we could actually stay awake! and I was so focused on staying awake during the meeting (I usually nod off unintentionally) that as soon as the meeting was over and I went out to my counter, I started getting drowsy! Took me like another two hours to wake up! But the day usually goes more quickly after a staff meeting, because even though I go to work early, I don't actually start working til late. Anyway in the meeting we had to watch this video, "Defensive Driving for Government Employees." There were some really interesting things in there that I know will help keep me safe of the road, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was in junior high again. You could tell the film was very low budget and it was kind of cheesy and mainly just showed pictures of car crashes. But the whole concept was quite entertaining.

I've been slacking off so much this week, it's insane. I finally worked up the ambition when I got home today to take out the garbage and load all the dishes into the dishwasher; I still need to wash the counters and put some clothes away in the bedroom but a lot of the work is finished. With the holiday this weekend, I don't want chores hanging over our heads; I just want to be able to enjoy our weekend! So I'm glad I was able to muster the energy to get things done.

This week I've been in the Lord of the Rings mood. On monday Spencer and I were both home sick from work and since we couldn't move anyway, we decided to watch a movie. We agreed on LOTR and it was a great distraction. It's been so long since I watched those movies that there were so many things that were like new again because I didn't remember them. Last night our regular shows weren't on so we decided to watch the Two Towers when Spence got home from work. Tonight I really wanted to watch Hell's Kitchen, but since it's been canceled for the NAACP Image Awards, we'll probably watch Return of the King! I love these movies!

I am SO excited for Valentine's Day! I've made some awesome plans (some of which Spencer doesn't know about) and I just can't wait! I don't want to say anything in case he reads it, but be sure I will post lots of pictures after saturday!

3 comments:

Todd and Mallory said...

Hey I'm great and loving married life...how are you doing? How is life you and Spencer? By the way I watched all of the LOTR this week as well...they are so addicting.

Preston and Angie said...

I had to watch that Defensive Driving video for my internship at DCFS and it is definitely cheesy! I'm proud that you were able to stay awake! :)

Julie And Adam said...

The Defensive Driving class is WORSE than the movie! Be glad that's the only taste you got! Hee hee! I hope your Valentine's Day goes well!