2.14.2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was absolutely awesome! Spence and I started out the day by sleeping in! We slept SO late today! We finally got up and got dressed, and decided to grab lunch. We ended up at Quiznos, which is someplace I normally don't go because it's expensive, but since it was a special occasion we figured it was ok. The sandwich was SO good! So yummy! Then we made our way downtown to Capitol Theater to see Madame Butterfly! It was my surprise for Spencer; he knew I'd gotten tickets to something but didn't know what it was til we got there. We was very pleasantly surprised! We both loved the show; it was so powerful and just beautifully done! The only problem we had there was the two women who sat in the row in front of us. The arrived donning jeans, baggy sweatshirts and mullets (I kid you not) and would not put their cell phones away the whole show! It was aggravating, but I did my best to ignore it and still enjoyed myself! Then we came home and I made dinner for us. Bacon-wrapped filet mignon with red wine mushroom sauce; hearts of palm risotto; strawberry-avocado salad with a homemade honey vinagrette. And chocolate cappuccino cheesecake for dessert! We had wine of course; cabernet sauvignon for Spencer, white zinfandel for me. :) It was such a great day; we had so much fun just spending time together and enjoying each others' company. I had a great time!


my sauce, doing it's damndest to reduce (say that three times fast)


my yummy dinner :)


dessert plate: cheesecake, strawberries, raspberries, and almonds


the box of chocolates I got for Spence. They're dove chocolates with my own personal messages printed on the wrappers!


and this is the box of chocolates Spencer got for me. From Sees! It's a full pound and a half, but he said I'm not allowed to eat the whole thing in one sitting. Dang.

1 comment:

Julie And Adam said...

I'm glad you guys had a good day! My day consisted of scrapbooking at my mom's house while Adam was working from 1:30 to midnight! So I'm glad your day was better than mine!!! :D