1.20.2009

Bad Luck

So yesterday Spencer and I had the day off, and I was getting cabin fever a little bit, so I suggested we go to the mall to walk off some pent-up energy. So we get to the mall and I think, well since I'm here I might as well get my rings cleaned. So I drop my rings off at the jeweler to be cleaned and I get them back and I notice that one of the diamonds is gone! So I take it back to the jeweler and point out that the ring was in one piece before they cleaned it and could they please check in their machine to see if the stone is in there. Well they can't find the stone. So they said that since it was their mistake they will replace the stone and fix the ring for free, but they have to send it out to their jeweler, and it will take about a week and a half. So in the meantime, I have no wedding ring! I was so upset, I was just bawling. I still have my wedding band but because of it's funky shape it doesn't really lend itself well to being worn on its own. I was able to find a cheap plastic ring floating around my house and right now I'm wearing that instead, but I just want my ring back! And poor Spencer got to put up with me being hormonal and emotional and acting like the world was ending because my ring broke. I was SO upset! I feel okay now but I just want my ring back. Hopefully this next week will go quickly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean! When my ring was sized, it was gone for 5 days and I was sooo sad! Granted, nothing was lost, but it's really hard being separated from your ring. It becomes a part of you! Best wishes with the new plastic one...hopefully it doesn't turn your finger green...that's the WORST!