1.28.2009

Random Thoughts This Week

I'm super excited. It's a busy week for me!

Yesterday I had my mom over for a surprise. When I was little she had this book called the The Courtship of the Yonghy Bonghy Bo and she absolutely loved it. I did too; I was always asking her to read it to me or to tell me the story again and again. The book got lost during the divorce, and she's been trying for years to find another copy. Well a couple weeks ago I found one! They're impossible to come by because they stopped printing them in 1980 and event then they were only published in Great Britain. But I was able to get ahold of one and on monday it came in the mail. So yesterday I had her over to surprise her with it. I was trying to film her reaction but discovered after the fact that the camera wasn't actually recording...I was totally bummed. But she stillh as her book and she's still happy!

Tonight I get to go pick up my new ring, which I will post pictures of probably tomorrow. I am so excited because I feel so naked without my ring and I just want my ring back!

Tomorrow we finally get our prints of our wedding pictures. There was some problem with the printer so instead of getting them in like three days it's taken like four weeks, but we've been patient and our photographer has been awesomely reassuring, and it's really no big deal. But now I have to go buy frames for them! Haha I don't know if we'll have any wall space left at all after we get these all up!

I'm thinking I might go to the craft store today. Spencer's mom, Lana, gave us a really awesome suggestion. Since my wedding ring was replaced and I'll be wearing a new ring, she suggested I make a shadow box to display the original one. That way even though I won't be wearing it, I can still keep it without storing it in a box under the bed or something. So now I'm all antzy to go to the craft store and get stuff to put it all together. Plus this weekend is my friend Kelsie's birthday party, which is going to be a huge blast at the Tavernacle downtown (Spencer's never been and it's an awesome bar). Plus the Superbowl is this sunday which we're all totally stoked for. It's going to be a busy couple of days!

No comments: