1.09.2009

I'm So Proud!

Ok, so for you who haven't known me my whole life and know this story, my mom has some problems finishing things. I won't go into detail, but the last ten years have been very hard on my whole family and many of us are still recovering. I can finally honestly say now that I am "over" the things that happened years ago and fully support the rest of my family in their continued recovery efforts.

My mom has ADD, and along with some other problems this makes it very difficult for her to finish projects as well as interacting with other people. Well people, a breakthrough has been made.

MOM FINISHED A PIECE OF ART!

And, not only did she finish it, but it is now up on eBay for all to see! I of course bid, not just because she's my mom but because Spencer and I both happen to love this piece, and I want it for myself! Besides, what better way to support my mother than by buying her first piece of art in this century! My mother is Shawn Mory McMillion; a little before our generation but was quite popular in the 70s, 80s and 90s. She's sold art in 47 states and 11 countries and quite a few celebrities have owned her work, including Diana, Princess of Wales. She is not just one of those people who draws on a paper and calls herself an artist; in fact, a professional. Unfortunately, psychotic breakdowns can get in the way of one's career.

But, I digress. Here is my mother's lovely art for the world to see! Good job mom. I'm so proud of you!

3 comments:

Julie And Adam said...

YAY CAITLIN'S MOM!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo exciting! Congrats to your mom, and you acceptance of her! It truly is so great when you can get over family things...it's been a big problem in my family, and I feel as if I'm finally accepting them for the people they are, and loving them despite their faults. Do you like my run-on sentence there? Yeah, I'm not going to change it.

Anonymous said...

Caitin-Your Mother sounds as lovely as her art. I just bought a poster size "Southwest Fiesta". It looks like it is an original signature and datebut I have no way to be sure. It will hang in a place of honor in our home.-Annie