1.25.2009

Thing Do Work Out

So yesterday was a big day, at least emotionally. Spencer and I went to see Underworld, which was absolutely awesome! I completely loved it. We braved through walmart because we had to get some grocery shopping done, but we got it out of the way early because we wanted to get it over with and have the rest of the day to do what we wanted. So after the movie, we went over to Shubachs in the mall to talk to the jeweler there because I heard he might be able to help me with my ring. So he took a look at the ring and told me that the amount of wear and tear on the ring would be normal if I had beenwaring it 15 or 20 years, but not 1. He said that we essentially had three options:

1. reset the stone. It would make the ring wearable but wouldn't do anything to prevent the same thing happening again to that or other stones.
2. retip all the prongs which he said would cost a small fortune
3. replace the ring (they were having a sale)

I thought about having the ring fixed, but here was the problem: each prong costs $12 to retip. There are a total of 160 prongs on the whole ring. That's $1920 to fix the ring, which is a LOT more than what the ring originally cost on its own! So Spencer and I were talking about what to do and what are opions were and what we would be comfortable with, and he BOUGHT ME A NEW RING! He had picked out one that was way huge and cost like $4600 and offered to buy that one for me, but I wouldn't let him. I thought it was SO sweet though. But I found one I really liked and was comfortable with the price. With all the different promotions that were going on we ended up getting the ring for 30% off. It's almost exactly the same as my old one except it's bigger, and there's real diamonds in the center instead of a cz! The setting has a total of 1/2 a carat in diamonds and the center stones equal 3/4 of a carat. And we also bought the lifetime warranty so that if anything goes wrong with it ever, they'll fix it for free! I'm SO excited. It's being sized and I can pick it up on wednesday after work. I can't wait to get my new ring! Here it is:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm so happy it all worked out! That ring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! That's great news. Love the ring.

-Daria